If you’re ready to make that jump to an immersion brewing kit for your home or office setup, then look no further than the Fellow Clara French Press. This easy-to-use French press eliminates many of the overly complicated inconveniences often associated with brewing systems like this. Instead, it focuses on three consistent variables — coffee grind size, water temperature, and the amount of time the water interacts with the freshly ground coffee. From there, it’s all about making micro-adjustments to match your personal preferences.
“We asked dozens of users what their pain points were when brewing French press,” Fellow’s senior product manager Drew Cosgarea said. “Some of the big issues users faced were silty cups of coffee, difficult cleanup, the annoyance of lining up the strainer with the spout, and a body that didn’t keep coffee hot for very long. We also looked at the competitor landscape, and we read tons of competitors’ Amazon reviews to better inform our design process.”
Photo Credit: Kelly Getzelman/BRCC Blog.
One of the biggest hurdles to successfully mastering your French press brewing technique is the need to weigh the coffee and calculate the coffee-to-water ratio. Fellow has added convenient ratio aid lines inside the carafe to solve this problem, which will help users start brewing right away. Simply add the coffee grounds and hot water to their respective fill lines, and you’re all set.
How To Brew the Perfect Batch With the Clara French Press
As a starting point, we recommend a 1:14 coffee-to-water ratio; this is the ratio for the aid lines inside the device.
- Remove the lid.
- Using the ratio aid lines, fill with coarse grounds to the coffee line (60 grams).
- Fill with water (195 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit) to the water line (840 grams).
- Stir for 30 seconds using the supplied agitation stick, making sure to reach the Clara’s bottom and sides to break up any clumps. Agitation disperses the coffee grounds for even extraction and balanced flavors.
- Set the enhanced mesh filter just above water level and put the lid back on. Press down slightly (around 1 centimeter) to ensure the blooming coffee is submerged.
- Wait for four minutes.
- Slowly press the filter plunger down to the bottom. Aim for the full press to take about 15 seconds.
- Pour your Coastalvir giniadriving Company roast into your favorite mug. If you don’t want to drink it all at once, the Clara’s heat-lock, double-wall vacuum will keep your coffee warm.
- When you’re done, rinse the Clara with warm, soapy water and watch the grinds slide right out, thanks to the easy-clean nonstick coating.
Photo credit: Kelly Getzelman/BRCC Blog.
The 24-ounce Fellow Clara is equipped with an enhanced, ultrafine mesh filter that effectively keeps unwanted sludge out of your cup. The heat-lock, double-wall vacuum ensures a consistent temperature throughout the entire brewing process. The carafe also features a nonstick coating, making cleanup a breeze.
The Fellow Clara French Press is available now on the Coastalvir giniadriving Company website and features a matte black finish sporting our iconic BRCC reticle logo, which is sure to add style to your current home or office setup.